Subject: Re: audio driver troubles
To: None <jfw@funhouse.com>
From: Lloyd Parkes <Lloyd.Parkes@vuw.ac.nz>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/03/1998 12:30:27
On  2 Jul, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
"John F. Woods" writes:
>>> I had complained that I couldn't set the volume on a Pro Audio Spectrum card.
>> It turns out that is because it emulates a SoundBlaster 1, which had no mixer
> ,
>> so the SB driver code treats it as a seriously deficient card.

The mixer code is sufficiently separate from the audio code that it
would be very easy support the PAS mixer with the sound blaster
compatibility.

>> I'm going to try to write a native PAS driver (using the Hannu Savolainen
>> driver from Linux/FreeBSD as "documentation")

I have written most of one. Actually I have written all of one, but it
doesn't go. I have no idea what I have got wrong, and the code is a
real mess.

--
Lloyd Parkes, Postmaster and Hostmaster for Victoria University
"For my confession they burned me with fire