Subject: Re: RPTI EP401 PCMCIA ethernet nic
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/02/1998 11:29:50
In message <199807011401.KAA09257@bass.morningstar.com>
          Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com> wrote:
> Lucky you! I have an RPTI EP400, and making a similar change only got m=
> as far as detecting the card, but having it show up with a MAC address
> of 00:00:00:00:00:00 (and no lights come on on the transceiver either).=

For the RPTI EP400 you might try setting the 6th parameter to "0x0110".
If you look down further the source code you will find an inactivated
EP400 entry in the #if 0 ... #endif section, "0x110" is from there.

BTW: The lights may come up after an ifconfig. Have you tried this?

> What are the 6th and 7th (0 and -1 in this case) parameters used for
> anyway?
It would be better to ask the person who wrote if_ne_pcmcia.c
(Marc Horowitz ?), but AFAIK the 7th parameter is the manufacturer code
(OUI) and now I=B4m just guessing: The 6th parameter may be a pointer to
the MAC number in the i/o space of the card. The driver checks the first
three byte of the MAC against the manufacturer code and gives an error
if it doesn=B4t match. Setting this to "-1" disables this test and may
have other effects as well.

Hope this helps,
  Thilo Manske.
--=20
Mir ist mein Signature entlaufen :-(. Wer es findet, sendet es bitte an
Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE zur=FCck. Danke!=20