Subject: Re: aha_scsi_cmd, error 22 loading dma map
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/29/1998 10:34:49
On Mon, 29 Jun 1998 23:19:32 +1000
 "Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@quick.com.au> wrote:

 > However it looks like the 1542B was worse than I thought - appeared to
 > be just the on-board terminators stuffed.  That might still be the
 > case, but the machine panic'ed a couple of times today with a "bad
 > dir", and sd0a appears quite comprehensively stuffed.

Yuck!

 > Running fsck shows so many errors its hard to believe a couple of
 > panic's could do it.

...well, it depends on when they happen, what it was doing at the time,
etc...

 > After the 2nd panic, when I boot single user and hit return for
 > /bin/sh I get the error:
 >
 > aha0: aha_scsi_cmd, error 22 loading dma map

That's EINVAL ... argh, where on earth could that be coming from?  What
version of NetBSD are you running, again?

 > Can anyone give me the 30 second summary of the above dma error, and
 > whether it is likely to mean that the controller is terminally
 > ill, or just that the filesystem has been seriously corrupted?

Well, the controller's illness would have nothing to do with that error.
Quite likely, you've got some corrupted data somewhere that are screwing
up a calculation...

But, in order to help hunt this down, I really need to know what
exact version of NetBSD you're running on that box..

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 428 6939