Subject: Re: mounting cdrom
To: Eric Fox <eric@fox.phoenix.az.us>
From: None <rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/27/1998 22:40:57
This may sound wierd.  We had a someone "build" a machine himself.  He
messed up and put the cd rom on the secondary controller but left it
as a slave device (not the master).  Windows could deal with this but
NetBSD 1.2 could not.  Can you verify that the jumpers on the cd rom
are consistent with whether it is a master or slave and the same for
the ide disk.