Subject: Re: notebook randomness
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@honors.montana.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/26/1998 08:54:32
Interesting.  A couple of people suggested I pull out the memory expansion
and try again.  After taking a week to figure out how to open the
computer, I managed to do that.  The machine seems to work fine now.

Also, I discovered the writing on the motherboard, so to speak.  It claims
to support processors from 75 - 200 MHz, but the CPU in it is a 233.

What boggles my mind, though, is that this machine worked fine under
Win95.

I'd really like to know:

* Why the thing works better without its memory expansion.

* Why it works with the memory expansion under Win95, but not under
NetBSD.

* If the processor/motherboard speed thing has anything to do with it.

Thanks for any help.

Chris

Chris Jones                                           cjones@math.montana.edu
           Mad scientist at large                     cjones@honors.montana.edu