Subject: PCMCIA Ethernet problems
To: Port-i386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/26/1998 11:48:36
Got that TP310E now, trying to install NetBSD.  The boot kernel finds
the PCMCIA Ethernet cards that I have tried, but reports "not configured"
for both of them.

The first one is listed as

Ethernet Adapter, E2000 PCMCIA Ethernet. D. NE2000 (manufacturer 0xffffffff,
product 0xffffffff) function 0 not configured

The second one shows up as

Socket Communications Inc. Socket EA PCMCIA LAN Adapter Revision E, Ethernet
ID 00C01B0086FA (manufacturer 0x104, product 0x0) function 0 not configured

Any hope of getting either one configured and running?

I _do_ have a third kind of a card somewhere (it uses the old NS8390
compatible chipset), but I haven't been able to find it yet... :-I

  -jm