Subject: RE: hardware questions: video & UPS
To: None <rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/24/1998 23:32:42
On 25-Jun-98 rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu spoke unto us all:
#
# Also, what do people use for "online" UPS's for your typical 300Watt
# computer.  I need 2 minutes or so for a gracefull shutdown.  I'd like
# something quiet.  (I don't need to power a monitor -- just the tower.)

Just for comparison.. I have the following machines hooked up to a 1400Va UPS
running currently at ~23% of full load.

3 486 Pc's w/ 250 W PS's
1 P-150 tower w/ 300w PS
2 Sparc 1's
1 486-66 Compaq Presario w/ built in 14" VGA
1 Dec Alpha Multia
2 Hubs
1 External scsi drive case.

I've not had a chance to do real load time tests on it.. but I've had it
unlpugged for over 5-10 minutes and not really seen the little lights go down
that far..  Also a note..  The sparcs require 5% of the power, *each*.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html