Subject: Re: ThinkPad 310 - anyone?
To: Port-i386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/24/1998 14:20:57
> I'm thinking (again!) of buying an IBM ThinkPad 310 portable (150 MHz MMX,
> 48 MB, 1.6 GB).
>
> Does anyone know if this machine can run NetBSD 1.3.2 (or -current)?  Does
> XFree work?  Does NetBSD support CNet PCMCIA Ethernet adapters?  How about
> Xircom GSM data cards?  Does the suspend mode work?

>From the IBM WWW pages I _think_ TP310 has a C&T 65550 video chipset.  Is
this the one mentioned in the XFree docs as "supported"?

Does NetBSD support all SoundBlaster Pro compatible audio chipsets?  How
about Yamaha YMF715?  (Can't tell which one the TP310 has.)

What else is critical?  The TP310 seems to be a rare model (quite new,
perhaps?) and there were no references to it on some linux pages I browsed.

  -jm