Subject: Re: wt driver conflict with ????
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@mit.edu>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/23/1998 01:14:12

> Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com> writes:
>
> > Every QIC-36 controller on the market is capable of being addressed at
> > port 308h.  Most of the Wangtek and Mountain QIC-02 controllers available
> > are capable of only being addressed on addresses that end in 8.  If you
> > want to have the wt0 driver in the GENERIC kernel, PLEASE change the
> > address from 300 to 308.
>
> Actually, this change was made some time ago in -current, and I
> believe also made it into 1.3.2.

Thanks.  I've been so busy using 1.3 (and 1.3.2) to do work that I
hadn't noticed the change.  With that change, the wt should be ready to
be 'allowed back into civilized society'.

--
Dave Burgess                   Network Engineer - Nebraska On-Ramp, Inc.
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom