Subject: Re: Booting from second IDE drive
To: Botton, David <DavidB@inter-intelli.com>
From: Joel Reicher <joel@panacea.null.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/23/1998 13:42:05
> I installed NetBSD on my second IDE drive. It appears that no boot
> loader was installed on the master drive, so I can not boot my new
> installation.
>
> Is there a way to create a boot disk to start it on the second drive?
> Is there a way to install a boot loader?
> Is there a dos based loader that could be used?

The os-bs beta supplied on the NetBSD ftp site will happily do it for you. A
warning though, this version of os-bs uses sectors on the first track of the
first disk which DOS and thus Windows 95 leaves alone, but other OS's may use
those sectors in which case installing os-bs may bugger them up.

	- Joel