Subject: ep0 install snag
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jay Nelson <jdn@acp.qiv.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/22/1998 19:52:11
I'm having trouble configuring a 3c509 for an ftp install. I've tried
two machines (both Dells) and both hang when I configure the network.
Both machines seem to recognize the cards correctly, correct
interrupts, io addresses, et.al., but when I use the utilities menu in
sysinstall or drop into a shell and ifconfig the interface by hand,
the systems hangs as though I tried to configure an interface that
doesn't exist.

"ifconfig ep0" before any configuration shows a live card with no
address and no mask. One machine had pnp enabled, one didn't. One
machine was at an odd-ball io address, the other at 0x300. (An OpenBSD
boot disk showed the same behavior.) Both had only the UTP interface.
I couldn't find anything in the mail lists or install documentation
that refered to this. What is it that I don't know about this card?

This is the 1.3.2 release boot.fs that I'm using. Can anyone point me
to docs or a solution?

Thanks.

-- Jay