Subject: multiple-interface adapter cards for NetBSD?
To: Port-i386 <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <blackbox@openface.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/19/1998 18:30:45
Hi,

As the subject suggests, does anyone know of any 10Mbps
multiple-interface ethernet cards that run well under NetBSD/i386?

I plan to make a cheapo IP-accounting router box and this seems to be the best
way to go about it (to me at least) since I can't find any easy way to count
bytes per IP address and then send them off through a standard SNMP MIB entry.
I'd rather just count off of one interface but with the price of ethernet
cards these days I figure it might just be easier to have an ethernet
interface for every IP that needs accounting done.  I've also thought of using
the IP accounting features of ipfil along with an snmpd custom MIB hack, but
after about an hour of looking though docs I gave up...

Anyway lemme know if anyone has any good hardware (or software)
recommendations.

EJR