Subject: Re: O/S Support for large [512Mb] PC systems
To: Mr G.D. Tyson <Dave.Tyson@liverpool.ac.uk>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/19/1998 19:11:13
On Jun 19, Mr G.D. Tyson wrote
> [...]
> ultra controller. We would probably use an Intel Express 10/100 Ethernet
> adaptor (or two) as the network connection.

Beware, I'm not sure all Intel's boards are supported under NetBSD yet.
I would recommend boards based on the DEC 21{0,1}14{0,1} or Texas Intruments'
ThunderLAN chip (this last one is really fast, for a small amount of CPU use.
It seems the de driver ises a bit more CPU).
There are a lot of board based on DEC's chips. For TI's chip the only one
I know are build by Compaq (ick) and are codenamed Netelligent. I have
a few here (single and dual 10/100 ports) and I'm very happy with them.