Subject: Re: O/S Support for large [512Mb] PC systems
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/19/1998 07:20:50

I mentioned it on current-users@netbsd.org.

>Not really.  But "it's commercial" as long as someone else _gets paid to_
>tighten the screws.  :)  Last time I checked, "commerce" required an
>exchange of services/value...

Heh.  Close enough.

Anyway, at this point, I'm looking fairly seriously at trying to start
supporting NetBSD, including hardware sales; I even got the sales&use tax
paperwork for MN, so we could certainly build and sell systems, at this
point.  I don't quite have the rest of the details, I'm afraid; in an
optimistic case, we might be able to have a viable support group available
within a week or two.  The main issue is logistics and billing; there's
plenty of competent support techs.

-s