Subject: RE: disk question
To: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/16/1998 16:32:58
On 16-Jun-98 Sean Doran spoke unto us all:
# This is only peripherally (ick pun) related to NetBSD,
# but I've run into a surprise with a disk I wanted to
# use with an i386 box with an Adaptec 2940UW controller.
#
# I've inherited a new Seagate 5 GB drive which I think is
# an ST15230WC -- it has an 80-pin single connector.
#
# I didn't notice the funny SCA-2 connector until I started
# mounting it into an Antec Data Tank shoebox, which expects
# to talk to a disk with a standard 68-pin + power setup.
#
# If anyone has advice on how to get the system to talk to the
# disk (ideally having the disk in the shoebox), I'd be grateful.
#

First off, it's a 4 gig drive..  Second, they sell SCA -> 68 or 50 pin
connector adaptors for about 15-20 bux.  Alot of mail order places have them.
They work fine.. I use one here on the exact same disk.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html