Subject: Re: Problems printing to a HP LaserJet
To: Knut A. Syed <Knut.Syed@nhh.no>
From: Dan J Fraser <dfraser@mother.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/16/1998 08:10:09
On Tue, Jun 16, 1998 at 01:48:39PM +0200, Knut A. Syed wrote:
> I am running NetBSD 1.3, and I am trying to print to a HP LaserJet
> connencted to the parallel-port.  I am able to boot DOS and print, but
> when I try to print from NetBSD using the "default lp-entry" in
> /etc/printcap I only get some letters shattered across the top of the
> paper.  I have tried both /dev/lpt0 and /dev/lpa0.
>
> I am hope someone knows how this is supposed to be done, and hope you
> can help me.

I use this SUPER-INEFFECIENT filter for my HP LaserJet 5L...

#!/bin/sh
#HP LaserJet input filter to treat LF as CRLF
perl -e 'print "\e&12a0o7.27C\e(s0p12h3T\e&k2G"'
cat
perl -e 'print "\eE"'

That sets the printer for a slightly smaller type, sets its EOL handling to
deal with Unix text properly, and ejects pages at the end of a printjob.

--
Dan J. Fraser <dfraser@mother.com> -- <URL:http://www.mother.com/~dfraser/>
Finger me for PGP public key.  IRC (irc.warped.net) nick: Optic