Subject: Re: More on 1.3.2 install...
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/14/1998 14:12:44
In message <19980614205409.27736@antioche.lip6.fr>, Manuel Bouyer writes:
>Have you tried with and without a CD in the drive (and also with a music CD) ?

Haven't tried with a music CD...

>Some drives need a long time after reset when they don't have, or have a
>CD-R in it, and the probe routine times out.

I did now get a chance to try this.  Still no joy.  It's been a while,
can someone refresh my memory as to how I'd get more info about probes
attempted/probes failed?  I *assume* the 1.3.2 kernel probes for wdc1,
but can anyone suggest how it could fail, assuming that the system does
have wdc1 configured at the "normal" place?  (And yes, I verified that
the INSTALL kernel suggests the same location that BSD/OS finds the controller
at.)

-s