Subject: More on 1.3.2 install...
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/14/1998 11:45:49
Here's what I've found so far:

1.  1.3.2 can't work with the PCMCIA on my laptop.  It's a Cirrus 6732, I
believe.  It *seems* to work - devices are probed, and I can even probe
SCSI devices off of a SCSI card.  However, any significant attempt to use
it (network configuration, or reading data from a SCSI device) fails
completely.  It looks like the IRQ is guessed wrong.

2.  1.3.2 doesn't identify my wdc1 controller, which is what the CD is on.
I've verified that it's on, it's on port 0x170 irq 15, and it works fine
under BSD/OS.  Anything I should check here?

With this combination, I currently can't install NetBSD.  Suggestions
welcome.

-s