Subject: Re: AdvanSys board support
To: seebs@plethora.net, Baldassare Profeta <Dante@mclink.it>
From: Brian Cully <shmit@kublai.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/10/1998 02:32:58
On Tue, Jun 09, 1998 at 04:30:55PM -0500, seebs@plethora.net wrote:
> My understanding is that there's a FreeBSD driver, but it's in the
> new SCSI access layer they have.  I'll contribute a bit of money (not
> much, I'm afraid) towards an effort to get the new FreeBSD access layer
> supported, it sounds very good, and consistency between free software
> is also a win.

I'd like to see it in NetBSD too, it blows the pants off of the Julian
Elischer derived code.

It also uses FreeBSD's busdma stuff, which isn't too entirely different
from NetBSD's so it shouldn't be too hard to port. I'd even be willing
to do a chunk of the work myself, now that I finally understand a good
portion of the CAM code (and I have this AlphaStation 600 with nothing
to do...).

--
Brian Cully						<shmit@erols.com>
``And when one of our comrades was taken prisoner, blindfolded, hung