Subject: acrobat reader and linux emulation
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dante Profeta <dante@mclink.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/08/1998 14:48:47
I'm not able to run linux version of acrobar reader 3.01.

This is my first attempt to setting up an amulation.
The kernel is compiled with all COMPAT_* turned on.

I did install the linux library package in the /usr/local/emul/linux
directory and created a soft link /emul@ -> /usr/local/emul

I did install acrobar reader in /emul/linux/usr/Acrobat3 direcotry and
from /emul/linux/bin I did create a soft link acroread@ ->
../usr/Acrobat3/bin/acroread

When I try to run acroread I get the following message:

The OS named NetBSD version 1.3.2 is currently not installed.
Try running on a installed platform and connecting to your display.
Installed platform(s) include the following:
  Intel/Linux

My DISPLAY env var is DISPLAY=:0.0 ... and obviously I'm under X

>From sh I tried to run chroot as follow, obtaining a segmentation fault:

# SHELL=bin/sh
# export SHELL
# chroot /emul/linux
Segmentation fault

I'm missing something somewhere...
What I'm missing?

Thank you very much for any help or suggestions.
--
  Dante_