Subject: RE: pcvt oddities
To: George Coulouris <glc5@cornell.edu>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/08/1998 04:47:16
On 08-Jun-98 George Coulouris spoke unto us all:
# I just switched to pcvt, and things are somewhat strange.
#
# 2) When I press ctrl+alt+Fx to switch between consoles, it seems
# to toggle the state of the numlock LED.

I noticed that too.  It saves the state of your numlock from when you were last
in that screen.  Try it out. (this can be construed as either featuriffic, or
intensely annoying)

#
# My /etc/ttys entries are of the form:
#
# ttyvx "/usr/libexec/getty Pc" vt220 on secure
#
# Another strange thing is with vi. When I try to use it, the
# arrow keys generate bogus characters (A,B,C,D). If I change
# TERM to vt100, it works ok. If I then change TERM back to vt220,
# it _still_ works ok.

No Idea on that one..  On a pcvt I use a pc3.  I think there was even a special
pcvt25h or something that worked pretty well.

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html