Subject: pcvt oddities
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: George Coulouris <glc5@cornell.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/07/1998 22:02:15
I just switched to pcvt, and things are somewhat strange.

1) Sometimes, when switching between virtual consoles, the video
desyncs and the screen goes blank, and the scroll lock LED starts
flashing. The machine remains in this state until I press a key,
at which point video is restored, and everything returns to normal.

2) When I press ctrl+alt+Fx to switch between consoles, it seems
to toggle the state of the numlock LED.

My /etc/ttys entries are of the form:

ttyvx "/usr/libexec/getty Pc" vt220 on secure

Another strange thing is with vi. When I try to use it, the
arrow keys generate bogus characters (A,B,C,D). If I change
TERM to vt100, it works ok. If I then change TERM back to vt220,
it _still_ works ok.

Any ideas?

(oh, this is 1.3.2)

--