Subject: Re: Keeping up with the Jones's (Advncd Linux Sound Architecture)
To: None <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
From: Zach Fine <czyz@u.washington.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/07/1998 02:36:10

    >> Any thoughts? Suggestions? Takers?
    Lennart> Just an observation (negative, I'm afraid): GPL'd code is
    Lennart> not allowed into the NetBSD kernel.  This may cause you
    Lennart> some problems.

    Lennart>         -- Lennart

Oh darn it all <bangs head into wall a few times>, I forgot all about
that.

It was a nice thought while it lasted.

Actually, a cursory glance through the latest developer release of the
precursor to the 'Advanced Linux Sound Architecture', the 'Linux
Ultrasound Project' (LUP) shows only two parts of the distribution are
GPL'd, a music server for DOOM and isapnp...

Would anyone be interested in porting the LUP to NetBSD? I guess this
would be less useful to owners of non-Gravis Ultrasound cards than a
port of ALSA, but it'd still be nice if us GUS users could download
samples to our cards and play midi files.

-Zach Fine
czyz@u.washington.edu