Subject: Resolution of UltraStor 34F problem, and thanks
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: DAVID RANKIN <rankind@iglou.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/02/1998 15:40:24
A couple of weeks ago, I noted that my UltraStor 34F-based VLB system
wasn't working with NetBSD 1.3.1. David Brownlee was kind enough to
compile an install floppy and runtime kernal for me, but even it was very
unstable. (I also wanted to thank Dave Burgess and Jason Thorpe for
offering to compile kernals for me.)

Once I borrowed an Adaptec card and reinstalled my system, it has
stabilized and appears to be running fine now. I am personally inclined
to mark this up to a defective SCSI card, although if someone wants to
persue this farther, I may be able to ship the card to that person. Email
me privately on this.

Many thanks for those who helped.

David