Subject: Mounting CDROM with long filenames.
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@webengine.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/01/1998 07:26:15
Greetings:

I've been using Samba & Netatalk with NetBSD to provide shared
directories and printers to MS-Win and Mac clients in my office,
and it all works great!  I also share the CDROM on my NetBSD box
with those clients.  Lately however, I've been getting a lot of
MS-Win CDROMs with long filenames.  Unfortunately, when I mount
these CDROMs under NetBSD, those long names are converted into
the old 8.3 format (with the *~[1-9].*).  I am running NetBSD 1.3
and use mount_cd9660 to mount the CDROMs.  I've tried every option
mentioned in the mount_cd9660 man page without luck.  :-(

     Does anyone know how to mount a MS-Win CDROM with long
filenames, so that the filenames don't get shortened?  (Those same
CDROMs are able to mount under a Win95 machine with full filenames.)
Will there be any newer version (say 1.32) of NetBSD that will
support this?

     I have no problem mount MS-Win disks using "mount_msdos" with
full filenames.  Hopefully I can do the same with "mount_cd9660".

Thank you in advance, Alicia.