Subject: netbooting
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kurt Schreiner <ks@fred.DE>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/28/1998 15:23:26
hi,

I'm in the process of converting a bunch (~80) of PC's currently
running win$$nt to run a real OS, i.e. NetBSD ;-) and I would prefer
to netboot these beasties from a boot ROM on 3c509 ethernet cards.
Has someone done such a setup and could give some info?
I know about the netboot code in /sys/arch/i386/stand/netboot. Is it
possible to use this? Can I build a floppy for testing using this
code?
There's netbooting software for linux --at least etherboot and
netboot-- but look's like there's some hacking needed to make this
work with netbsd...

thanks in advance,

-ks