Subject: Re: USB drivers
To: None <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/27/1998 10:00:42
> I've heard of USB serial/parallel port devices. I'd assume they're
> simpler to program, and they'd be useful for people short on IRQs or
> slots for such things.
I know of two serial port devices (and we've got them).  They both
use proprietary protocols that they don't want to tell me about.
I don't know about the parallel adapter.  There is a printer class
standard, so with some luck they have followed it.  I'm still
waiting for a reply from Belkin (the manufacturer) on this matter.

We should be seeing a lot of USB keyboards, mice, and joysticks in
the stores very soon.  Microsoft is shipping them by the truckload
to have them available for Windows 98.

        -- Lennart