Subject: UVM and PMAP_NEW and top(1)
To: 'NetBSD/i386 list' <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/26/1998 02:57:30
I've just upgraded my "test system" at home (P90, 64M, IDE) to -current
as of May 23. Feeling adventurous I built a new kernel with UVM and
PMAP_NEW.

After rebuilding the usual suspects (libkvm, ps, w, top etc.) things
seem to be working nicely. Just one oddity, top(1) omits the "Wired"
count of the memory stats like so:

Memory: 9064K Act 4248K Inact K Wired 41M Free 4K Swap 128M Swap free

No big deal, just thought it was odd.

Is it just me, or is program loading much faster? It sure _feels_
faster. vi(1) and top(1) are up and running almost before I hit Enter...
;-)

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2