Subject: Re: pcvt, X, Number 9 GXE
To: None <matthieu@laas.fr>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@warthog.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/21/1998 22:28:30
Verily did Matthieu Herrb write:

> You wrote (in your message from Tue 19)
>> Now I have to figure out why the f*ck the console is using ^? instead of
>> ^H for erase.  (grumble)

> Here's a tested version of keycap.pcvt entry:

> bs|map Backspace:\
>         :K15=\008:\
>         :S15=\177:

Rock.  This fixed that problem.

Would you happen to know why vi only displays the top handful of lines,
regardless of what `resolution' I set the console at, and regardless of
what I set "stty rows" to?

It's really annoying, I'll whip up a file in vi and it will show the first
10 to 15 lines, but the little messages appear on the bottom line as they
should be.  If I move the cursor down further on the display, the other
lines start appearing.

Thanks.

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@warthog.com
Life: Rob@Carrollton.Texas.USA.Earth

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.