Subject: Re: Dual disk multiboot
To: i386 <edelcamp@easynet.fr, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/20/1998 23:50:02
	Use bteasy from the freebsd ftp site.  It lets you select the
disk/partition you want to boot from with function keys.
-Brian

On May 20, 10:22pm, Eric Delcamp wrote:
} Subject: Dual disk multiboot
} Hi !
}
} Due to a big crash on my netbsd machine, I need to use the NetBSD disk in
} another i386 box.
} Here is the setup:
}
} Disk 1 : IDE with a DOS 6.22 (FAT16) partition and a NTFS partition.
} Disk 2 : SCSI with my NetBSD data (root,swap,usr).
}
} (SCSI controller is an ISA AHA-1542CF).
}
} If I unplug IDE disk, I can boot from SCSI. If the IDE is plug, I get the
} WinNT boot menu (Win NT, Win NT VGA, DOS).
}
} I want to choose what system I will launch without plug/unplug a disk.
} The problem is that I have 2 disks. OS-BS wont work.
}
} Any ideas ?
}
} PS: Can I re-use the WinNT boot manager to do this ? It's will be a smart
} solution ;-)
} --
} Eric Delcamp             NetBSD user (Amiga & i386)    Bordeaux
} edelcamp@easynet.fr      Galactic Bloodshed player     France
}
} http://perso.easynet.fr/~edelcamp