Subject: Re: ISDN on NetBSD-i386?
To: None <sibbi@scour.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/20/1998 20:47:23
>   Next week I will get an ISDN line installed into the house
> to use for internet dialup.  At the risk of sounding stupid
> I'm going to ask if NetBSD has support for any internal ISDN
> card for the PC that support Euro ISDN , and if so which cards,
> and if not, I would love to hear from someone who is using a cheap(ish)
> external solution that would work with Euro ISDN.

Check isdn4bsd - it runs on NetBSD 1.3.1/i386 and NetBSD-current i386 and
atari. It supports DSS1 with many passive cards based on the Siemens
chipset, i.e. Teles S0 series, AVM A1 & Fritz!, Creatix S0, USR Sportster
TA intern, Dr. Neuhaus Niccy @GO, .... (if you don't have a card yet, go
for the USR or Niccy @GO - they were the only companies giving enough
information to write a device driver; I myself prefer the USR, the @GO
is PNP, which I generally avoid).

You can get isdn4bsd from ftp.consol.de (login as user isdn4bsd).