Subject: Re: NeoMagic/Dell Latitude
To: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@future.net>
From: None <rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/19/1998 20:47:33
We, too, went thru this problem with IBM 560X laptops that use the
NeoMagic chipset.  Quite a few modern high end laptops use it.  We got
a "FreeBSD" server from XiGraphics, like others have already
mentioned.  We use just the Xserver from the package and use the
NetBSD clients.  The XiGraphics accelerated X package costs $200.
I've been told that if you go to buy it from them as a poor student
you can get a 25% discount.  Otherwise, you can get a volume discount
from XiGraphics.