Subject: Re: NeoMagic/Dell Latitude
To: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@future.net>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/19/1998 16:02:01
In message <Pine.NEB.3.96.980519151219.11106A-100000@dream.future.net>, "Tom T.
 Thai" writes:
>I traded my ThinkPad760 for this Dell.  Just found out that my new
>Latitude uses the NeoMagic128 chipset.. and there is no driver for it
>'cause they won't release programming info.

>Anyone know how I can get X running on this Dell?  I have 1.3.1 install
>and haven't touched XFree86 in over 3 years..

Well, if nothing else, I think you could get XAccel (xig.com) to support it,
because I've got a laptop with that chipset running some version of their
server.  You might also check other commercial X vendors.

Of course, I don't know which if any of them have NetBSD-specific support,
but that's okay, NetBSD/i386 is the most promiscuous OS I've ever seen.

-s