Subject: mpg123 with netbsd supports, sounds distorted!
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@cyberstation.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/15/1998 04:05:18
--------------90675378C57A1AE3A00F524B

Greetings:

I have recently compiled mpg123 version 0.59o with its recent NetBSD
support using "make netbsd-i386".  I have a genuine 16 bit Sound Blaster
card, which NetBSD reports during its boot as:

	sb0 at isapnp0 port 0x220/16,0x330/2,0x388/4 irq 5 drq 1,5
	sb0: Creative SB16 PnP Audio: dsp v4.13

Which should mean that I get the full 16 audio support.  However when I
use it to play MP3 (which I can play with CD quality under Win95 using
winamp), on my Pentium 166 MMX PC, I get am able to hear every word, but
the distortion makes it sound like a badly tuned radio station.

What am I doing wrong.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone who was
able to play MP3 with CD (crystal clear) clarity on NetBSD.  I'm jealous
of my Win95 and Mac co-workers who get CD quality from their MP3 players
and want the same for NetBSD.

Thank you in advance, Alicia.

PS. Doing a "make netbsd" doesn't help either.
--------------90675378C57A1AE3A00F524B

begin:          vcard
fn:             Alicia da Conceicao
n:              da Conceicao;Alicia
org:            Cyberstation Inc.
adr:            121 Richmond Street West, Suite 1104;;;Toronto;Ontario;M5H-2G4;Canada
email;internet: alicia@cyberstation.ca
title:          VP of Technology
tel;work:       416-860-9378
tel;fax:        416-860-9380