Subject: Re: SVGAlib development?
To: None <skeezix@skeleton.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/14/1998 10:26:50
On Tue, May 12, 1998 at 11:36:30AM -0400, Jeff Mitchell wrote:

> 	I know we suport SVGAlib, as I've at least tested it with linux
> emulation. I'm assuming then, that I could write native Netbsd code to do
> SVGAlib.... is this so? And if it is possible without much trouble, do we
> have a package somewhere with manpages, the libraries, and whatnot?

You can use SVGAlib natively, if you get the sources and compile it
under NetBSD. This should not be too much trouble, I think I did it
once in a distant past. If someone makes this work, it can be
made into a package.

One thing you will need is pcvt in your kernel, as is needed to have
Linux SVGAlib binaries work.

- Frank