Subject: Re: Questions about using XSM?
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/12/1998 08:10:53
On Tue, 12 May 1998 15:33:49 +0900
 Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp> wrote:

 > I no longer use or own the T3400 but I'm curious how much progress
 > NetBSD/i386 has made in this area during the last 18 months.  I'd like
 > to know so that I will be able to make an informed choice if I decide
 > to buy another notebook PC.

I run NetBSD on my NEC Versa 6050MX.  It runs very well.  There are
some deficiencies in the PCMCIA framework, namely it currently has
no way to determine the range of i/o addresses and mask of IRQs that
will work properly.  However, the software can work around this with
some user intervention, and we have some ideas about how to fix this
problem.

Anyhow, I'm quite happy with NetBSD on my laptop.

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 428 6939