Subject: Re: Info
To: perry@piermont.com, Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
From: David Maxwell <david@www.fundy.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/11/1998 10:50:41
On Sun, May 10, 1998 at 07:13:56PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Mark Andres writes:
> > I don't mean to sound like a traitor to NetBSD (I have two
> > just found the PCMCIA support to be better under FreeBSD than
> > NetBSD.
>
> The person was asking for help running NetBSD on their laptop, not
> FreeBSD. If you can't actually help them make installation easier,
> then don't get involved.

I'd call that a bit harsh Perry. While it's true that the fellow asked
specifically about NetBSD (we don't know he didn't post a similar message
on FreeBSD groups - at least I, not following their lists, don't.)
But I appreciate the honest opinion about current hardware support etc.
I hope other people would also rather hear about problems than not know
about them, and until your message, I didn't see any (public) disagreement
with Mark's statement.

							David Maxwell