Subject: Re: Info
To: Dale Heri Hirt <n9720246@cc.wwu.edu>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/09/1998 10:47:52
Hi,

I don't mean to sound like a traitor to NetBSD (I have two NetBSD/mac68k boxes
and one NetBSD/i386 box), but in your case I would have to recommend trying
FreeBSD.  I have a ThinkPad and I just found the PCMCIA support to be better
under FreeBSD than NetBSD.

*You may be able to find some books on FreeBSD that also include a CD-ROM. You
can also order FreeBSD CD-ROMs from www.cdrom.com

Mark

On Fri, 8 May 1998, Dale Heri Hirt wrote:

> To All BSD-ers,
>
> I am new to the Unix environment and to NetBSD in particular.  I am hoping
> to install NetBSD on my laptop, a Canon InnovaBook 360CD, 2 gig IDE hdd,
> and 3.5 fdd. In order to properly configure everything, is there a
> specific FAQ available, or is there a book that I can obtain in order for
> my installation to go as smooth as possible.  Any ideas would be greatly
> appreciated.  I have not had much luck with just the installation notes.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dale H. Hirt

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!