Subject: Disklabelling
To: 386BSD-list <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/01/1998 21:10:38
Two quick questions:

1. When I boot my system, it complains about "old BSD partition ID" a
few times.  I know this is because I've still got 165 (0xa5) instead of
169 (0xa9), but how do I change it without losing any data?

2. I've got a 2nd SCSI disk on my system.  I've run fdisk (both from DOS
and under NetBSD), but still disklabel complains that the label is
"fictitious" and refuses to write out a new one.  It (disklabel) says to
use "disklabel -r" to write the initial label, but that doesn't work,
nor does it make sense.

TIA.

| Paul Goyette      | Public Key fingerprint:    | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Engineer  |   0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker |   E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |