Subject: Re: Parallel port control?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Dave Sainty <dave@dtsp.co.nz>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/01/1998 01:11:07
Jukka Marin writes:

> Is it possible to freely control the pc parallel port pins under NetBSD
> in a special application?  I want to use some pins for inputs, some for
> outputs.  Is it necessary to write a custom device driver for this?

I did this a while back in the most obvious hacky way, I added some
ioctl's that gave direct access to the registers.  :)

One for reading, one for writing, and a register offset from the
device IO base.

Not really suitable, and this was a very long time ago.  However, the
need has just arisen once again, so I'd be interested if anyone has a
somewhat nice patch for doing this also...  Or alternatively
absolutely anything that would apply against a recent kernel. :)

Dave.