Subject: Problems with ZNYX ZX346, NetBSD 1.3, and NCR 325x
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul J. Lavoie <pjl@ilx.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/30/1998 15:02:13
Hello. I've been trying to use a ZNYX NetBlaster ZX346 PCI 10/100 TX Adapter
with NetBSD 1.3, and have been failing miserably with it. Upon bootup, after
recognizing all the peripherals, and printing the 'root file system type'
message, the system will either reboot, or if there's a SCSI (Adaptec 2940
controller) device present, will hang forever (with the kernel debugger
inaccessible). I have tried this on various NCR machines as well as a Dell
Optiplex system, with anything from having only the ZNYX card installed, to
having IDE, SCSI, and various other devices configured.
Kernels used are the INSTALL and GENERIC variants. I'd include a startup probe
if the system would let me access it.

One quirk I noticed is the Adaptec and the ZNYX like to share an interrupt,
and had thought this was the problem before trying the system without SCSI. Is
this a concern?

Any ideas on how to approach this would be welcome.

-pjl

Paul J. Lavoie		pjl@ilx.com		(212) 510-3029
ILX Systems, Inc.	111 Fulton St		New York, NY  10038