Subject: Getting UltraStor 34F to work with NetBSD 1.3.1
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Rankin <rankind@us.ibm.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/28/1998 00:41:02
I am currently able to get a 486 VLB machine I own to boot NetBSD, but it does
not recognize its UltraStor 34F card. The card is recognized and initialized
correctly at boot time. However, no mention of the card is made in the boot
lists while starting from the 1.3.1 installation floppies. It does recognize
com0 (modem card), com1, npx0, and pc0. It has failed to recognize my lpt0,
although disabling it made no difference. The card works has worked correctly
in the past with FreeBSD and Windows 95 (I know, I know...), and works
correctly from the BIOS on bootup.

If you have an UltraStor 34f and have gotten it working with NetBSD 1.3.*, I'd
appreciate hearing some information on how you got it working.

Thanks,
David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr. --- DSM UNIX Team
    External Phone (606) 243 1457    Internal 8-545-1457