Subject: Re: Internal modem, again
To: 386BSD-list <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <rvb@sicily.odyssey.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/26/1998 22:45:40
Maybe someone can give me some insight on my modem problem.  I'm
using a 3c562 lan/modem.  I can talk to the modem with kermit.
"at" echos, "at&v" works.  Then I dial out.  I hear the dialing
tones and see the "CONNECTED <SPEED>", but there is no banner
printout from the other end.  Typing does not echo.  Eventually,
kermit prints out HANG UP and now typing and echoing works fine.

So to me this feels like com is working fine, but something is
inhibiting the modem from "doing the right thing" -- but I can't
even guess at what Hayes Register need tweeking.  Any suggestions?