Subject: Re: SMC9334BTD and "de" driver
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/23/1998 16:46:19
On 23 Apr 1998 23:49:36 GMT
 tron@lyssa.owl.de (Matthias Scheler) wrote:

 > will NetBSD's "de" driver work with an EhterPower 10/100 SMC 9334BTD?
 > The hardware information on their site doesn't say anthing about the
 > used chips.

Is this the EtherPower II?  If it is, it doesn't use the Tulip chip, but
rather the SMC EPIC chip.

I have a driver for this chip mostly-written that I started a while ago,
but I haven't had the time to finish and debug it.

If anyone has one of these cards, and is interested in working on the
driver, please get in touch with me privately.