Subject: applets
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
From: Kevin Cousins <kevinc@obelix.premium.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/23/1998 21:50:32
>>>>> On Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:32:34 +0100 (BST), prlw1@cam.ac.uk (Patrick Welche) said:
Patrick> I was wondering whether anyone can shed some light on
Patrick> .. CLASSPATH !

Patrick> I am running netscape 4.04
Patrick> communicator-v404-export.x86-bsdi-bsd2.tar.gz which needs a
Patrick> CLASSPATH of $MOZILLA_HOME/java/classes/java40.jar, and have
Patrick> not noticed any problems so far while browsing.

[...except with JAVA...]

  Christoph> Java works for me just fine with the BSDI 1.1 binaries of
  Christoph> Navigator 4.04.

and a couple of other postings like it, go out and get the bsdi11
binaries instead of the bsdi2x binaries.

Also noted, since poking about with JDK1.1.5/NetBSD recently, I came
to the conclusion that (at least) the bsdi11 binaries can only do 1.0
Java, and not the 1.1 Java that was claimed for Comm. 4.04.

--Kevin.