Subject: Mouse problems
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@tmonline.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/20/1998 10:20:20
I've put together my first i386 system, and installed NetBSD, and am
enjoying the speed.

Problem is, it can't find the mouse. I got the X distribution, and at first
had some problems that were fixed by changing /etc/XFree86Config to look
for a PS/2 mouse and /dev/mouse. I got the X configuration program from
xfree86.org, and there is a mouse configuration section, but nothing
produces cursor movement.

The dmesg has nothing in it that would suggest that a mouse is seen at boot
time.

Unfortunately, this system has never run anything else, so I'm not sure if
there is a hardware problem, or a software problem, or just a configuration
problem.

Any ideas on what to check?

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                             Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                            email bsalai@tmonline.com
Rochester, NY 14614