Subject: 2 Q's: ethernet & audio cards
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/16/1998 21:48:36
I picked up a Gateway 486 box to use as an IPNAT system, and having done
some reading (and being a PC novice), now have a couple of questions...

(Heh, I did a bit more reading, and suddenly have an entirely different
question than what I was going to ask. ;-)  Anyways.  It appears that the
sound card I was blessed with in this machine is a Pro Audio Studio, which
can emulate Sound Blaster, Pro Audio Spectrum and Windows, among others.
Which is the better driver to use?

Second. This box seems to have IRQ 9 redirected to IRQ 2 by the BIOS,
and I haven't found the way to break in and see if I can relieve it
of that duty...  My ethernet cards are Accton EN1650's, a NE-2000 type,
and both look to be working OK under DOS.  Because of the redirect,
though, I cannot set the IRQ to 9 where the kernels want it.  If I set
one to port 300/irq 10 (for ne1), would that be usable for a network
install?

Thanks,
~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

May your Tongue stick to the Roof of your Mouth with the Force of a
Thousand Caramels.