Subject: Intel EtherExpress Pro/100 ISA NIC: which kernel driver to use?
To: Port i386 list <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ruibiao Qiu <ruibiao@arl.wustl.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/16/1998 20:58:19
Hello

I have an Intel EtherExpress Pro/100 ISA NIC.  When building
kernel, I found that there are ix0 and iy0 options.  The first one
is for EtherExpress/16 and the second one is for Ether Express Pro
10 ISA.  I enabled both when config'd my kernel.  When booting up,
the NIC was not detected at all, neither as ix0 nor as iy0.

BTW, in the current GENERIC config file, ix0 uses port 0x300 irq
10, and iy0 uses 0x360 irq '?'.  Are these strict for Intel NIC?
Can I set them to something like:

ix0 at isa? port ? irq ?
iy0 at isa? port ? irq ?

Also, can this NIC be recognized by PnP?  Can I put it in ISA pnp
section?  Currently, PnP section only has 3C579 and NE2000
compatible.

Thanks

Ruibiao