Subject: 3c562 modem on a 560X
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert V. Baron <rvb@gluck.coda.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/16/1998 19:57:08
I'm trying to get the modem part of a 3c562 working.  The ethernet
works fine.  The modem works a little, I can use kermit to talk to it
and do an "at" or "at&v" and get the correct response.  When I go to
dial, I get the dialing, whistling and then a connected banner.  But
I never see the banner from the far end and the connection eventually
hangs up.  If I use this modem under win95, it works fine.  If I use
a different modem card, it works fine.  Any suggestions.

I am using a "vanilla" 1.3 system, but I pulled up the /dev/pcmcia and
dev/isa/com.c from 1.3D (from about 0223).

PS
I need to turn the ethernet off, before I use kermit.  Otherwise
the modem does not work.  Is this the way it should be, ie. can
the card/netbsd do both functions at once.