Subject: floating point exception
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeffrey Goodwin <jeffg@osgroup.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/14/1998 09:43:30
Hi, I just installed NETBSD 1.3.1 off of the NET.

The install completed succussfully, and I rebooted.

Then, I did a

mount -a
TERM=pc3 ; export TERM

cd /etc

vi rc.conf

Then I get

Floating Point Exception - Core Dumped

Can anybody advise ?

Is there a way I can load a diffrent kernel without re-installing ?

The rest of the systems I'm running are either windows or linux.

I messed up the network configuration by accident on the last phase of
the install ;(, so now if I can't use vi to correct it, I can only transfer
files from
a floppy ;((

I'm running on a 100 mhz pentium, 2 gig IDE hard drive, ISA ne2000 card, 64
meg
RAM.

Any help appreciated.

Jeff Goodwin
**  Ashley Laurent,Inc. **  Software Development  **     Consulting
**
*                                   *
*
* 707 West Avenue, Suite 201        *     voice: 512-322-0676
*
* Austin, Texas 78701               *     fax  : 512-322-0680
*
*                      web: http://www.osgroup.com
*
* Microsoft Solution Provider       *     Complete Systems
Design/Development *
* Novell Professional Developer     *     Systems Software/Device Drivers
*